Friday, March 30, 2007

Are Women not winners ??

Well Don't call me a part of men dominated society just looking at the subject, Are Women Not Winners ? this is a question that recently struck me or stared at me, did you ask why ?

Well let me make it very clear that I am not a cricket fan, I don't have to talk about the performance of our team in the World-cup 2007, as a result there were series of protest held across the country, Players Houses were covered under tight security and there were report in all the news paper in the front page but one of the report in tribune caught my attention.

In one of the places in India few girls protested against a highly talented sports person Sachin Tendulkar, who has show high consistency and credibility thru out his career.


As a part of protest the girls posed to the camera with Bangles in Hand in front of his poster. what does this mean ??

The Bangle which traditionally is worn by Women, Does it mean that women are useless ?, One who cannot win ?

Well I am not saying this myself, what is happening to women's self respect? Does it give a pointer to think?

I feel its high time, we treat Cricket as a sport and show it its place and get a deserving place for ourselves too.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home