Friday, March 02, 2007

Strangers in my Life

It is close to 4 years that I have taken up few travels across India and abroad. during my travel, I came across so many people who helped me with directions, planning my trip etc...

but there are few faces that I cannot forget for some reason unknown to me, I just remember them as Strangers, I don't know their name or any other details about them, but yes the moment I met them on my journey, my camera just clicked and they went down my memory line for ever.

Here is a collection of some such faces, These are not the people who travelled with me, nor they were in our group, still I recollect them with what ever little details I can remember about them

This lady I saw with her grand children at the foot hills of Chamundi hills selling butter milk in the hot sun.

During our trip to Badami, just outside the Durga temple at Eihole a lady selling Guava with her grand son smiling at the camera, reminds me of the great relation I had with my granny or any child has with his/her Grand parents.

This old man caught my attention as we were trekking from kajjiar to chamba, the amazing features of the face and that smile, I can never forget, can we have it on our face when we reach this age ??? Children we met on our trek in Himalays during Dec. 2005 Valley of flower trip, this Girl impressed me with her smile and somehow her ear rings caught my attention. Amazing, is it not ??


Unaware of the trekking crowd, busy within their own world.

Snow all around, having fun, look at his eyes asking, what is this box you have ? well its a camera :-)

We travel all the way to Himalays to trek, but for some ppl. its not back pack on their back. its the weight of their day to day needs.

Look at the selfless work, to keep the road clear, even in peak winter. Don't you think its high time we aid them with Automated instuments ??

During my Beajing trip, just outside the forbidden City, in the tiananmen square, kids showing their martial arts.


During our bike trip to Mangalore, we went to Udapi, the huge group of children leaning Vedas gave me hopes of keeping our culture alive.


Unknown trekker, whom I noticed during my trip to Sikkim,


The End of Indian Civilization, Zero point, a team of ppl. laying roads for us, look at the smile on the face. Does it reflect on your face ?



This lady atracted my atttention as I myself had never seen this scene, I jumped out of the car and took this photo, best thing was she never noticed me, so much into her work. may be we should learn.
At Rumtek Monestary, the Old was caught my camera's attention, as he adds a strage Dimension to the row of prayer wheels.


Spark in this little monk cannot go unnoticed.


Strange clamness in the eyes of this monk, I was there in the temple looking at the monk for close to 10 min, the expression on his face did not change. Suddenly I wondered, he is looking at me at all ??

Now here is something strange about this person, I know this guy from his Birth, still I know nothing more then his name and few facts about his life, I laugh with him, I cry with him, I love him once in a while, I hate him for things he does but still he remains a Stranger, and life is about knowing him.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Akash said...

Nice topic, wonderful writeup.
Seriously, a good read (anywhere) after a long time, and yes, nice pictures.

-A

2:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

shrikanth, this is a really good post, makes one think about life and a lot of things attached with it, thats a very good point, how many strangers do we remember, and how many of them do we tend to appreciate in our lives, how many we acknowledge, , your pic is very creative and captivating, the best i liked is the road laying in the zero point one, the others are excellent too,
Dont worry the stranger in you is a very humble and nice man, he is not different from what you think he is.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Chetna said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Chetna said...

Good writeup.. Excellent picture.. :)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He,
Pictures filed with life and the text add to it!! NICE ..

11:39 PM  
Blogger Shrikanth Hampiholi said...

Hi All Thanks for those nice words

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home