Monday, July 20, 2009

Tribute to Gaana Kogile Gangubai Hangal

Gangubai Hangal
5th March 1913 - 21st July 2009
Gangubai Hangal, a Voice we can never forget....became silent for ever today 21st July 2009, this day will go down the history as a sad day for Music lovers of the world.
First time I heard the name Gangubai Hangal I could only relate to her as somebody from my native, as I grew up I discovered that Gangubai was somebody close to my Grand mom, as time passed as I developed Interest in music, I discovered Gangubai Hangal is a voice that India loves.

After a prolonged illness, today we have lost that voice for ever, I pary let her voice come back to this land in a new form and continue to mesmerize her audience for ever.

Let her soul rest in Peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home